Dolomites holiday in the Antholzer Tal
Walking destinations, hikes, museums
During your Dolomite holiday discover the Antholzer Tal. Beautiful natural sites await:
- the biotope Rasner Möser with its unique fauna and flora;
- the ruins of Burg Altrasen, built in the 12th Century and offering stunning views of Niederrasen;
- the Antholzer See with its breathtaking backdrops;
- the earth pyramids of Platten (in Percha), natural monuments made of moraine gravel;
- the Staller Sattel (2,050m), the high mountain pass at the end of the Antholzer Tal;
- the Pragser Wildsee in the Pragser Tal is considered the most beautiful lake in the Dolomites;
- the "Three Peaks" (Drei Zinnen/Tre Cime di Lavaredo), the most notable landmark of the Dolomites;
- the Plätzwiese (1,993m), unique high plateau in the Pragser Tal;
- the waterfalls at Rein in Taufers;
- the Old Town of Bruneck, not just for shopping;
- the Fischleintal;
- the Rotwandwiese ski area (in Sexten);
- the Würzjoch, a Dolomite pass;
- the Val di Morins hamlet of Seres in Lungiarü;
- the fishing lake in Antholz Niedertal.
The Antholzer Tal also has a great cultural offer and thanks to its convenient location you can easily reach all of these without difficulty.
- St Antony's Chapel in Rasen: a pilgrims chapel built in 1704, dedicated to the famous St Anthony of Padua.
- St John's Church: built in 1822 (late baroque).
- Folklore museum in Dietenheim near Bruneck.
- Burg Taufers at Sand in Taufers.
- Neustift Augustinian monastery with collegiate church of the late baroque period and gothic cloisters.
- Ladin museum "Ćiastel de Tor" in San Martin de Tor.
- Birth house of St Josef Freinademetz in Oies (Badia).
- Museum of nativity scenes "Maranatha" in Luttach.
- Adventure mine in Prettau (Ahrntal).
- Ötzi Museum, the ice man in Bozen/Bolzano.
- The gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle in Meran.
- Reinhold Messner's Mountain Museum RIPA in Bruneck.